Friday, July 11, 2008

A Note About Picasa

As you might have noticed, I have been uploading my photos to a web site called Picasa. Picasa is owned by Google, and I was looking for a free place to upload my pictures where everyone can view them (other then my own web site/domain). I was surprised to find out that once I signed up, with a user-name and password, that I already had a private album, which consisted of all the photos I have uploaded to Blogger! I also download the Picasa program to my computer, which organizes all your photos and makes it easier to upload an album to Picasa. What I didn't like is that after installation, it automatically scanned my computer for all photos and documents. I wish I had the chance to specify what folders to scan, so after it was done I had to delete some file just make sure they wouldn't be uploaded to web. For those albums I do upload, once on Picasa, it is easy to organize the album, add captions, and get the html code to paste into Blogger so that the album is easily accessible to everyone. I have been uploading the full-sized photos, which uses more space and takes longer, but the pictures look better when viewed, and allows friends to download the best copy of the photos they want. There is a limit on free space, so I might end up having to pay for more room, which I will probably do if it isn't too expensive.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I used Picasa before blogger was owned by google. I had forgotten about it but thanks for the warning about the all photo upload.