Saturday, May 15, 2004

How it all started

How did this blog get started? It involves They Might be Giants, Wil Wheaton and The Screen Savers. Read on. I was driving up to Anaheim with my sister to see They Might be Giants at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. On the way my sister asked me, out of the blue, "What's a blog?". I told her that a blog was a web log, a journal style of web site. After seeing Kill Bill Volume 2 and eating diner at the Rainforest Cafe, we saw the concert, which was excellent, as TMBG always is. Even the opening act, Corn 'Mo, was fun. Corn 'Mo was a one man band who played an accordion and a foot symbol. Moving on. A few days later, I was watching the show The Screen Savers on TechTV, and they had Wil Wheaton as a guest. He was talking about computers and such, and then he mentioned that he saw TMBG last week and at the concert he talked to Corn 'Mo about blogs. Seems that Wil was at the same concert we were, and had the same converstion about blogs - scarry!. So my sister stared a blog on e-blogger, and a few weeks later, I created this blog. That's how this blog got started.

Web sites discussed above:

Wil Wheaton's Blog

They Might be Giants

The Screen Savers

Corn 'Mo

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow, you even put in a link to Corn Mo!