Thursday, July 24, 2008

Not at Comic-Con 2008 Yet

When I left work today I drove past the Old Town Trolley station and saw people with Comic-Con badges, backpacks and plastic bags filled with free handouts walking around, and I thought, "I should be one of them!". Even though I was supposed to be traveling this week, I should have bought a four day pass for Comic-Con. My work trips always get postponed. At least I'll be attending Saturday and Sunday. However, I'm afraid that since all four days are sold out, that even Sunday will be as crowded as Saturday, assuming they sold the same amount of tickets for each of the four days. I feel bad for the people driving down from Los Angeles this morning. There was an accident early in the morning that caused the southbound I5 to close, and traffic was backed up for miles. In fact, traffic was bad all over San Diego today. I'm looking forward to Saturday at the convention center, even if it is too busy. My goal is to see the Futurama, Simpson's and Battlestar Galactica panels in Ballroom 20, assuming I'll be able to get into the room. Sunday I'll roam the dealers room, maybe buy a few action figures, and then attend the Buffy musical showing. I'm sure I'll have my fill of the "nerdiness" adventures that Comic-Con always entails.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Saturday - get there at 9:30 when the doors open and go straight to 20 or H or 6ABCD otherwise you won't get into any of those events. Bring water and snack food because you won't be leaving the room all day.

Homer Simpson said...

Thanks! The problem with Ballroom 20 is that the bathrooms are outside!