Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not The Weekend I had Planned

The original plan for the weekend was a camping trip out at the Colorado River near Yuma. However, this trip was planned around someone who was going to bring his boat. But when he found out that the campsite was down a dirt road, he didn't want to bring his motor home, so he flaked-out and the trip was canceled. That, and the temperature was going to be 111 degrees! The new plan was to spend the weekend at a friend's house in Desert Hot Springs (been there many times), where everyone went but me. No, I stayed home to relax and get ready for my vacation. A hike after work Friday felt good. Then two hours of housework this morning ensured I'd come home to a clean house, which is always nice. After shopping for a fire-proof safe, a nap and watching Tiger play not-so-good golf, I headed to the gym for my last workout until I return from my roadtrip. So what am I doing now? Drinking beer - alone, instead of with my friends, who are sitting around a pool having fun without me. But don't feel bad for me, I'll be spending a week in a house in Lake Tahoe with lots of friends (and their children), so perhaps some alone time is not all that bad. Tomorrow I still plan to buy a few more items for my trip, test out my bike rack and maybe sweep my garage and/or wash my Mustang. We'll see how motivated I am in the morning. This will be a tough week at work. Even though I'm only working 2 1/2 days, my brain took off on vacation last week without my body. So I will not actually be at work next week, just my mind-less aberration, sitting in front of a computer typing away, much like it is doing now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindless abberation? This thread is worthless withou pictures!

OB

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which one of use spelled aberation correctly.

OB

Anonymous said...

Which one of US. Yikes talk about mindless.

OB