Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Made it to Bishop

Mt Whitney in June of 2008
I left home at 9:15 and since I was ahead of schedule, I made a quick detour to Whitney Portal. What a perfect day for those hikers lucky enough to be on the trail today. No clouds to be seen. It was kind of hot, but I'm sure above 12,000 feet it felt better. There was a fire further south, but the smoke was blowing east. I hope the fire doesn't burn too much.


Whitney Portal Store
My first photo of the store at Whitney Portal. Not much going on there. I think I saw Doug Sr. talking to someone about something. A few more photos and it was time to continue on. I arrived at Bishop at 4:30 and checked in to my hotel. The hotel offers free wireless, but it was prompting for a password, so it was easier to borrow the connection from the hotel next door. I'm waiting for a call from another Tahoe-bound family who are staying in town tonight at a different hotel. They have two young sons, so who knows when they'll arrive and if they'll want to join me for dinner at Whiskey Creek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of Whitney. Was that at 10X?

OB

Homer Simpson said...

Thank you. Yes, that was 10X zoom taken from my car at a pull-out near the Hollywood Movie area.