Saturday, June 28, 2008

Moab, UT

interstate 70 view
I was watching some program on Discovery HD about national parks in Utah, and someone said that the state of Utah should be declared a national park, and I agree. As I was driving east on I70, I felt like I had entered a national park. The views on both sides of the freeway were amazing! There were many view points along the way. I wanted to stop and take a photo, but you know how it goes. If I stop, I loose time, and then when I get back on the freeway, I have to pass all the same trucks and motor homes again. But I had to stop at this view point. The red rock formations were picture-worthy. This is a view of a valley that was carved in the 60s to make way for the freeway.

I just got back from dinner. My hotel is on the far south side of town and nothing but Denny's is within walking distance. So I drove to the Moab Brewery to try their food and beer. I ordered the special of the night, salmon covered in a jerk sauce with vegatables and rice. I tried three beers. The first was the Black Raven Stout. It was as good as any stout beer I've had. Then I drank a pint of Scorpion Ale. Like the name implies, it had a good bite (or sting). The last was the Park City Steamer, an amber beer. It was nothing special. I was still hungry, so I got a brownie with ice cream and whipped cream. Very tasty. A good meal after two days of camping.

Now it is almost 8PM, the sun is still up and it is 95 degrees outside. I feel like I need to be out doing something, but I have a full day ahead at Arches National Park. I hope it isn't too busy with cars. Moab is quite busy, with people from all over the country driving motorcycles, Jeeps with bicycles on the back and families driving vans. I hope to drive to all the stops and hike one trail. I'll take my time and lots of photos.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Black Raven Stout! So that was the beer!

Anonymous said...

You said "jerk sauce"!

Homer Simpson said...

Thanks, Beavis.