Sunday, July 01, 2007

Lake Tahoe Angora Lake Fire

Fallen Leaf Lake

Angora Lake


I was watching the news closely when I heard about the Angora Lake fire in Lake Tahoe. Not only am I spending a week in Lake Tahoe with friends next month, but in 2004 I hiked from Fallen Leaf Lake to Angora Lake. It was sad to see all the homes in the area burn. I remember seeing these nice cabins sitting among the tall, green tress, thinking this would be a nice place to live. Having had a fire come within a few hundred yards of burning my home, I know that the homeowners went though not knowing if their house was still in once piece. I can't imagine finding out that everything you own, including photographs, has been turned into ashes. This year I hope to go on another hike in the Tahoe valley. Last year I missed the Tahoe trip and also missed the hike up Mt. Tallac. Hopefully sometime soon I will make that trip up the tallest peak around Tahoe.

No comments: