Sunday, July 08, 2007

Jim Made It!

Jim, Darin and I Yes, Jim made it to the top of San Jacinto. There is no Photoshopping in this picture, however, there is an orb! There was no one at the top but us, amazingly enough. This was nice, but getting a picture of the three of us was not easy. I set my camera on the wooden elevation sign, set the timer and ran up on the rock just in time. We all had a good laugh at the right moment, so this photo turned out perfect. The 12 mile round trip hike that was supposed to take 7 hours took 10. So we got home much later than expected and I am going to bed very soon. Currently I'm icing my very sore knees, however, every muscle and joint in my body hurts right now. The hike was very difficult.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

4800' elevation gain is a good warm up for Whitney. Seven hours for that hike would have been very fast. Everything should be sore. Now don't do another hard hike until Whitney.

OB

Homer Simpson said...

Yes, it was a good warm-up hike. I wish the rest of the group could have made it. I will rest from now until Whitney - and keep an eye on the fires and weather.

Karen said...

Go Jim! I'm glad he made it this year!