Saturday, July 28, 2007

Donner Peak Hike

Donner Peak

Our quick, "family" hike turned into an all day adventure. We drove over to the opposide side of Lake Tahoe to Donner Lake for an easy hike up to Donner Peak. I got hungry on the hike, but since I brought food, I wasn't forced to turn to cannibalism. We were not sure which trail to take or what peak it was. So the photo of me is probably on Donner Peak. The hike was 1.5 miles each way with an elevation gain of 1000 feet.

Lots of Lakes

The hike was within a ski area, so there were ski lifts everwhere. There was also what looked like old mines, as in gold mines, in the hills too. We all made it back down, except for Greg, who took off on his own (with my hiking poles) and we had to wait 15 minutes for him to return. Now it is time for beer and burgers.

1 comment:

Homer Simpson said...

I really look funny with that pose. I'll have to make that hike again just so I can take another photo.