Thursday, January 22, 2009

They Might Be Giants "Really Happy Child Bundle!"

This was a Christmas gift to myself that came late due to the man in charge of shipping being sick. Now why, you ask, would a grown man buy a gift set meant for a happy child? First, I'm huge fan of They Might Be Giants and I have all Their albums and then some. With the addition of these three CDs, I now have 33 TMBG CDs! Even their albums geared toward children have good songs that are listenable by people of all ages. In fact, lots of their songs from previous albums are "kid friendly".

The gift pack I bought included a T-shirt, XL of course, the CDs "Here Come the 123s" (with a bonus DVD) and "No!". Now, I already have "No!", so someone can have this CD. It is more than a CD, because if you play it on your computer, most of the songs have an interactive game you can play while the song is playing. The bundle also included a DVD of more songs, a children's book with a CD with four new songs, and finally some TMBG stickers. Not a bad deal. I have yet to listen to any of the CDs or watch the DVD, but I'm downloading the CDs to iTunes as I write this blog.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Any TMBG tour dates yet?

Homer Simpson said...

So far They are only doing shows in New York, but with a new album coming out soon I'd expect them to tour soon. Speaking of tours, No Doubt is going on a tour and you know they'll come to San Diego.