Friday, January 23, 2009

Facebook, Fraud and Hackers

Thanks to my sister, I have discovered Facebook. Apparently, I got this web site mixed up with "My Space". Facebook is actually quite fun - and addicting! It is a good complement to blogging and a good way to re-establish connections to old friends. Just today I got a "friend" request from another Keith, a friend of mine from high school that I haven't seen since my 10 year reunion - over ten years ago!

I have now been informed that Belkin, the manufacturer of my new wireless modem, has been caught red-handed paying people to post good reviews of its products on sites like Amazon. However, 65 cents doesn't buy you much these days.

Speaking of routers, my new Belkin router has a log, that lists "attacks" on my computer. Judging by the log, there is always some computer somewhere in the world that is constantly attempting to hack into my network. Hopefully between my router's firewall and my computer's firewalls, my computers will not be venerable to hacking.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Facebook has a way of snowballing. You start out with the one friend and next thing you know, you find everyone!