Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009! (and Car Show)

2010 Mustang
Happy new year! I must be getting old. I fell asleep last night at 10:30. I celebrated the Time Square countdown on CNN, so I didn't feel the need to stay up until midnight. My plan today was to go to the 2009 international San Diego car show with my brother. We got there a little after 10 AM and proceeded to wander the floor, looking at all types of vehicles. The highlight was the 2010 Ford Mustang. The car shown above was the best looking, sitting below bright lights. They had one you could get into, unfortunately, the power seats were not adjusted back far enough, so leg room was tight. As you can see, there are minor differences in the Mustang. I took photos from other angles, which I might post later.


Dodge Challenger
I don't plan on buying a new car anytime soon, but it is still fun to see what the new cars look like. Plus, I see how well I fit in them. I still like the Mini Cooper. It is small and has lots of leg room.


Red Viper
Most of the cars on display I would never buy. We skipped the Audi, BMW, Volkswagen and Kia sections. Upstairs they had the custom car section, which was much smaller that last year, as it was in Ballroom 20 instead of the Sail Pavilion.

You would be happy to know that yesterday Time Warner Cable and Viacom came to an agreement that keeps Viacom's channels on TWC.

I guess tomorrow I'll return my Panasonic Blu Ray player to Costco, and then decide to buy one on discount or just get the Sony.

No comments: