Saturday, January 31, 2009

Impromptu Dinner at Karl Strauss

Brown Ale Beer on my Head My attempt to look different in a beer photo is kind of silly, but hey, the beer, food and service were great last night at Karl Strauss in Carlsbad. Judging by how crowded it was, the slow-down in the economy hasn't affected the Friday night business at quality restaurants. It was just my sister and I, and we had tasty appetizers, which the waitress gave us free, small glasses of Red Trolley Ale, which was the beer-paring for the appetizer. Both our meals were spicy, but only mine was supposed to be, since I got the spicy jambalaya. So we both go another small, free sample of the Stargazer Ale, which helped cool the spiciness. I was too full for a dessert. Afterwords I hung at at my sister's and watched two more episodes of The Prisoner.

No comments: