Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

These holidays that not everyone gets off are kind of wired. I feel like I'm home sick from work. However, based on the busy parking lots at the local malls, it looks like many people have today off work and school. I ventured to the nearest Circuit City, in Carmel Mountain Ranch, to check out the liquidation sale. So far it is only 10% off regular price, which isn't bad, but eventually they'll have to up that to 50%, but buy then there will be nothing good left to buy. My goal today was to buy a new wireless router and bridge. I ended up getting those items at Fry's Electronics. I bought a Belkin N+ wireless router, which was rated good on cnet.com, and a D-Link wireless bridge to be used to connect my Blu Ray player to the Internet. I will have full reviews of my purchases soon.

As a bonus, when I got home there was a package for me on my doorstep. Apparently UPS does not have the day off. It is the "Really Happy Child Gift Pack" form They Might Be Giants. It includes a T-shirt, two CDs and a DVD, plus a book of some kind. These are all "children's" gifts, but some of Their children's albums are there best ones.

Now I'll spend some time setting up my new computer equipment and then go for a bike ride to get some exercise and enjoy the warm January day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I don't get MLK off so for me, it was a normal day.