Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Morning Bike Ride

Top of Big Hill
I woke up nice and early this morning anticipating a warm, sunny day, and I was not disappointed. After breakfast, I suited-up for a bike ride. Even though it was in the high 60s when I left my house, I had forgotten I was headed to Poway, where the temperatures are usually 10 degrees warmer - and they were. I am proud to say, however, that I made it up this long hill (pictured above) without shifting into my bike's easiest gear. The whole ride took 75 minutes and now I feel like I can sit and watch football the rest of the day. At one point on the ride, I passed an automated radar sign, which showed my speed at 12 mph. Back in my prime, I averaged 14.5 mph on my bike rides, so I have motivation to ride more.

I just got through connecting my new computer speakers, the Logitech Z-5500, which includes five speakers and a 10 inch subwoofer! However, even though my computer's built-in sound card can output 5.1 on an optical connection, I'm still getting a constant "whining" in every speaker. This started happening, I believe, after I installed a new graphics card last year. There must be some interference inside my computer case. So I think I'll buy a PCI (express) sound card and see if that fixes this annoying problem.

3 comments:

Karen said...

This weekend speakers - next up Blu-Ray?

Karen said...

I didn't finish my post - Speakers for your Blu-Ray?

Homer Simpson said...

Yes, your first comment didn't make since. I do plan to buy new speakers for my home stereo with the new blu ray player, but until I get a bigger living room, I'm sticking with only five speakers, since the rear surround speakers on a 7.1 system need to be placed behind the main listening area, and there is no room behind my couch. However, just getting a newer stereo with more power makes my mish-mash of speakers sound much better (and louder).