Wednesday, May 21, 2008

PCD, Air and Wine

Not only are my dreams out of control, but so is my CD buying. Because of XM and digital music from my cable TV provider, I have been buying less CDs. But every so often, BMG (mail order music service) has deals like buy one CD get four free. That works out to about $8/CD including taxes and S&H. I'm always looking for new music, rather than adding to my current collection of albums by Chicago, Rush and Styx, so I bought some albums that are outside my normal music taste. I got PCD by The Pussycat Dolls, Good Girl Gone Bad by Rihanna, Heros and Thieves by Vanessa Carlton, Pocket Symphony by Air and Frank by Amy Winehouse. I liked Amy Winehouse's breakthrough album so much I decided to buy her first album, despite what her dad says. Rihanna is R&B, but I really like the songs from that album, like Shut Up and Drive and Don't Stop the Music. Air is a group that plays dance/chill music and as for PCD, you can make fun of me if you want, but I like their singing. Vanessa Carlton is the only artist I already have albums from and they are all good.

No comments: