Sunday, May 18, 2008

Heat, Bike Ride and Trip Planning

Talk about a lazy Sunday afternoon. I didn't even leave my house until 5:30 when I went on a bike ride to Mirimar Lake. I just sat around in my air conditioned house all day, watching TV, sleeping and planning my Summer vacation. I made hotel reservations for four nights in Utah and Colorado near Arches and Mesa Verde National Parks. I've been to Arches before, but I was too sick to even get out of the car and I don't remember much about that trip. I'm looking forwards to Mesa Verde. It is a big park and I should probably spend more than one day there, but looking at my vacation, I'll be spending a lot of time alone and will be ready to visit some friends or just come home. The last leg of my trip is still unplanned. I'm leaving my options open. I'm skipping the leg to Salt Lake City since I'll be going there in August for a family reunion.

My bike ride ended up being shorter than I had planned. I found a short-cut home from the lake that was half as far as the normal way I ride there. The trek around the lake was nice, as the temperature wasn't too hot and the path was not crowded at all. In fact, the water level in the lake looked a few feet lower than before, and I only saw one boat in the water.

I was invited to go camping this weekend at the La Jolla Indian Reservation near Palomar Mountain, but I just wasn't motivated to go. I'll be interested to hear about the trip, since that reservation was almost completely burned by the fires last October.

So now four days of work followed by a four day weekend. How nice. I don't really have anything planned, other than being invited to a pool party on Sunday. I won't be leaving town, so I'll try to maximize my time at home doing something fun and constructive instead of sitting at home and taking naps.

Edit:

After talking to my brother, it seems that we did not go to Arches National Park, but Natural Bridges NP. I really was sick on that road trip.

No comments: