Friday, May 30, 2008

Defaulted Property and Hiking

I came home from work today and noticed that the condo across from mine was empty. It looks like the owners moved out sometime recently, which is funny because they just moved in two years ago. After searching the Internet, I see that the house is owned by FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSN, so I assume they foreclosed on the property. Even in 2006, I thought $430,00 was too much for this four bedroom condo, and I guess it was. It will be interesting to see what it goes on the market for - if the bank will try to re-cooperate its losses.

My plan tomorrow morning is to wake up early and go for a hike. I found out that the Blue Sky Reserve and Lake Poway hiking trails have been open since April 1st. They had been closed due to the fires in October of 2007. I plan to hike from the parking lot at the Blue Sky Reserve all they way to the top of Mt. Woodson, if possible. This will be my longest hike of the year, but I need to get into shape for my attempt up Mt. Wheeler in Great Basin National Park.

1 comment:

Homer Simpson said...

The condo that was repossessed is selling for $379,900, which is $224 per sq.ft. Not too bad. It might sell quick - if the $407/month homeowners dues don't scare buyers away.