Monday, May 26, 2008

Four Day Weekend

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't waste away my four day weekend, but now that it is almost over, I feel like I have. Not entirely my fault, as I wasn't expecting cold and rain every day. The pool party I attended yesterday was really fun, but with the colder temps, both outside and in the water, I only spent about two minutes in the pool. The spa was popular due to it being much warmer, but one can only take so much hot water. So those of us who were still there later at night sat around the fire pit to dry out - until it started to rain around midnight. That signaled the end of the party. Saturday I bought a new pair of hiking zip-off pants and kind of fixed a friend's computer. Turns out it wasn't broken, just a pesky pop-up add that even after turning on the pop-up blocker, still persisted. Friday I had a treadmill stress-test and the doctor gave me an "A". I wasn't ready for how fast and steep they take the treadmill and don't normally get my heart rate above 200. I still have red marks on my chest where the nurse drilled the electrodes into my skin! So today I slept in, did three loads of laundry, took a nap and then went for a bike ride, so at least I accomplished something, including filling my car with $50 in gas. I forgot that there is a limit on how much you can charge for gas on a credit card. Another reason to use Costco gas, but they were closed today and my Mustang kept "dinging" me, indicating it was time to fill up the tank. This should be an interesting week at work. Last week about ten men and women in suits from some government agency showed up in the morning and proceeded to raid two offices and after a few hours they left with boxes of documents. Nothing news-worthy - yet.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hopefully work be without men in suits raiding the files.