Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blue Sky Reserve and Mt. Woodson Hike

Burnt and New Growth
I somehow got myself up at 7 AM on a Saturday and made it to the Blue Sky Reserve parking lot shortly after 8. I got there just in time as there were only a few parking spots left. I think a large group of people were meeting there to perform trail maintenance. Most of the hike was through areas that were burned by the Witch fire in October 2007. It look like the bigger trees survived but the smaller bushes burned, leaving the black branches you see in this photo. The photo also shows the new growth, which was very green, and in some places, surprising thick and tall. I'll post more photos later, because I am extremely tired and need to rest. I am out of shape as compared to last year and this four hour hike was a challenge for me.

No comments: