Sunday, June 24, 2007

San Jacinto Hike 2007

Darin, Mike and I For the second year in a row I hiked to the top of Mt. San Jacinto. This year we took an easier route. We rode the tram up from the desert and hiked to the peak. It is still a 5.5 mile hike up, and most of the hike is uphill. The trail was very crowded, much more that last year, at least near the top. Once again I ran out of water! I knew there would be no sources of water to filter due to a very dry year, so I brought over 5 liters of water, figuring I'd be hiking 5 to 6 hours and I drink almost 1 liter per hour. That still was not enough. I ran out of water with about 30 minutes left in the hike. Where does all the water I drink go? The hike was fun for all three of us and we are looking forwards to Whitney ever more so. Now if we can just get the other five in our Whitney group to do this same hike soon.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congratulations on the hike! No injuries or slow people this year.