Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hot Afternoon Mt. Woodson Hike

Resting Spot

Since none of my fellow hikers could hide today, I decided to hike Mt. Woodson alone. I started at 4PM thinking it would be cooling down, but the sun was intense the whole way up. I had to stop several times to rest, including under this shady tree where we always stop on the way up.

Interesting Rock

I only encountered a few other people during the hike, and I had the top all to myself. I was worried I didn't bring enough water. I thought three liters plus an energy drink would be enough, but I almost drank all my water on the way up! If you look at the photo above, you can see smoke from a fire in the distance.


View to the west

I wore my new knee braces for the first time. I'm not sure if they helped or not. My knees feel not too bad, in fact, I need to ice them down before I forget.

Lake Poway

I wanted to get a photograph of the sunlight shining off the lake, but I could shot towards the sun, so this is my best Lake Poway photo of the day. I don't plan on hiking during the week so my legs can rest for next weekends San Jacinto hike, which has still yet to be planned.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It looks like it was an almost perfect day for a hike!