Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Vegas Trip

Me at Red Rock Canyon Before Hike
Here is a photo of me before starting the big hike at Red Rock Canyon. The sun was out so the rocks look very red.

The Peak
This is the peak that we decided to hike to. It is 2000 feet above our current location.


Path up to Peak

The path up follows this canyon, then at the top you circle around to the right to reach the peak. There is no well defined trails. Instead there are many different paths to take, but most lead to the top. On the way down we took one wrong turn and ended up at a dead end.

Mark at the Top Here is photo of Mark at the top with a view of Las Vegas in the background.

Me at the Top

And here I am at the top. I wish I had brought my hiking poles. The path was very steep and we had trouble keeping our footing on the way down.

Beside this hike, I also had two nice dinners with my friends, did a little gambling and drank some beer. I never made it to The Strip, nor did I need to. I left for home this morning and the drive home was much nicer with no road closures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith,

photos turned out great! It was a lot of fun hiking!!! Good luck with the new job!