Friday, April 28, 2006

Is it just me?

So I'm taking my car to Costco this morning to get my tires rotated and decide to fill my tank up with gas at the Costco gas station, since at $3.11/gal it is relatively cheap. I see a long line of cars at every pump except the ones to the right. A tanker truck is there resupplying the station and it was blocking the last pump. The station attendant motioned me to drive towards him and then directed me between the pump and the big truck. Apparently I was the only one driving a vehicle small enough to fit through. All the other people waiting in the long lines were driving monster SUVs that probably get 10 MPG at most. Now don't think I'm being all smug, like those people on that recent episode of South Park, because my Rav/4 gets only 24 MPG average, but why do so many people need cars so big? I'm happy with my small SUV. It has advantages like today where I didn't have to wait for gas.

The second leg of my Friday adventure brought me to the Fashion Valley Mall. I wanted to look at HDTV's at the Sony store and Apple computers at the Apple store. At the Apple store I asked one of the employees if the new MacBook Pro supported an external monitor. He replied "yes". Then I asked if it supported digital or analog input. Then this other salesman budded in and asked me "what type of connection? VGA?". I thought to myself, "this guy thinks I'm an idiot and he is treating me like I'm just another dumb customer, but he is the stupid one here." I finally got the answer I wanted. The connection was digital. The type of connector didn't matter to me. I know that VGA is analog and DVI is digital. When I asked my question his response should have been "digital". He should not have asked me a question in return. Who trains these people? I made sure that these salesmen knew I wasn't happy with their help and promptly left the store, never to return. I might buy an Apple computer, but not from them.

If you think I'm ranting now, wait for my post on May 1st when I'll be ranting about the big immigrant protest and where I think all these non-Americans should go. Hint: back to their own country!

Edit: Wow! How did a link to my blog end up on an Apple related web site? The power of blogging is amazing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stance on immigration only shows how invalid anything you type on this blog is. Damn the internet and damn the invention of the blog.. it gives these idiots another tool easy enough to take advantage of!

Homer Simpson said...

Finally, a comment. Must be from a Democrat, but that's fine. Oh, I see, you are from Seattle. That explains it all. Lots of problems with them Canadian's up there, huh? I should post my political views more often.

Anonymous said...

I fucking hate politics. Politics is a void that is filled by gay homos who can't get laid by either sex!!!!! And that's all I have to say! But it is nice to have a forum to write what ever the fuck you feel like! Its an ammendment thing I think???!!!!!

Homer Simpson said...

Now we're getting some constructive dialog. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

You act like everyone is against you, which probably isn't the case. But if you keep acting this way, I wouldn't be surprised if it became a self-inflicted reality.

Homer Simpson said...

I forgot to talk about what happened yesterday when I took my car to get the oil changed. When they returned the car to me the guy got out of my car and the car kept going! He forgot to put it in park and almost damaged my car! Yes, everyone is out to get me and I'll get my revenge on them all!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Was the guy who returned your car to you an illegal immigrunt? I have a comment for the other anonymous guy, when you're done sipping Kool-Aid with all the other ass licking liberals, come down to southern CA. and pick them all up outside Home Depot and bring them back to Seattle and give them jobs because ther're not picking anything except their asses. How many Roberto's Taco Shops do we need anyway? When you have a pest problem, you call the exterminator! Arnold, are you there? Nobody hates immigrants but it's getting out of control and there aren't enough jobs like everyone seems to think. Instead we have a growing poverty problem.

Homer Simpson said...

The debate continues. Wait 'till I express my opinion about what to do with Iran. Hint: bomb them back to the stone ages!