Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday 2006

The Simpon's star
This Easter was even more non-traditional that last year, with an afternoon in Hollywood and a lunch at the Jazz Cafe in Downtown Disneyland. We drove to Hollywood and first looked at the old hand and foot prints in the cement at Groman's Chinese theatre. I was shocked at how many people were walking around on Easter Sunday. I'm sure that on a normal weekend there would be many more, but I can't say because this was my first time here. Then, we walked up the street looking at the stars along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I had to get my photo taken with the Simpon's star.

After about an hour we drove down Sunset Blvd., Rodeo Drive and then Wilshire, looking at all the famous places, rich homes and interesting people. From there we headed to Downtown Disney to eat a late lunch at the Jazz Cafe. Easter LunchThere wasn't much of a crowd there, and it looked liked the band just finished playing. The Jambalaya hit the spot, as well as the beer and dessert.

Now I'm getting ready for my new job tomorrow. I have to turn my brain back on after two weeks of slumming around. I didn't get any household chores done, but I did have fun with hikes, car shows, Las Vegas and Easter.

No comments: