Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Red Rock Canyon

This is the view from the top of Turtlehead Peak in Red Rock Canyon, NV. We for some reason decided to hike the most difficult trail in the park, not realizing that the 2000 ft. climb was straight up the mountain. The round trip was 5 miles and took us 3:45. The peak is at 6300 ft. and as we climbed up we never thought we would reach it, but I had summit fever once again. The view from the top was unbelievable, with views of Las Vegas and beyond to Lake Meade. It was very cold and windy there and because of the clouds, the photos I took don't really show the redness of the area. We celebrated the trek with a beer at the bottom, and then drove home for a late lunch. My legs are killing me, which will make the drive home tomorrow interesting now that I have a clutch to worry about. I'll post more photos of this hike after I get home.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Nice hike! Ignore the message I left on your phone and call me when you get home.