Monday, April 03, 2006

Camping at Agua Caliente Hot Springs

Hiking the Moonlight Trail I just spent this last weekend camping at the Agua Caliente Regional Park in the San Diego County desert. I drove out there Friday afternoon with a friend and we joined a large group of people for a two night adventure. There were several groups of people there, most of which I had never met before. Some people brought their dune-buggies for off-roading, others brought horseshoes for pastime games and everyone brought plenty of food and drinks. On Saturday we went on a group hike that followed the Moonlight Canyon Trail on a 2.5 mile easy loop though hills and canyons where there was wildflowers and cactus to view. Luckily it never got too hot, however at night not only was it cold but the wind kicked up and blew loudly on everyone's tents (except for those camping in RVs) , keeping us awake at night.Not ready to go home. Luckily I had my tent securely staked to the ground so it didn't blow away, but it did get a rip in a pole loop. Saturday night was the big potluck, and like I said there was way too much food. Even when I thought I was full, someone came around with homemade chilli and later there was fire-heated stuffed apples. Then came Sunday, the nicest day, and everyone packed up and left except for a few of us who stuck around into the early afternoon. I look forward to more camping this year.

No comments: