Saturday, January 01, 2005

Welcome 2005

For the first time in three years I left my house on New Year's Eve. My friend tried to get a group of people together to go out and do something fun, but it ended up just us two going to a local bar. It wasn't the funnest night, but better than sitting at home. There was man there that for some reason bought a round of drinks for everyone in the house, and the bar was packed. This guy was either rich, stupid or drunk. I didn't get a free drink because the offer was only for 15 minutes, and the two bartenders, as hard as they tired, didn't have time to get everyone a drink. People ordered mixed drinks instead of just beer, which take more time to prepare. I'm glad I didn't get a free drink because it turns out that the man was a jerk, and he got thrown out of the bar. Apparently he thought that he had the right to "touch" any women just because he bought them a drink.

So we counted down the new year, drank a small glass of complementary Champaign and soon left. Back at my friends house, we watched another episode of "The Avengers" and I fell asleep on the floor, even though I brought an air mattress. I woke up with a slight hangover, but not too bad.

Today I went with my brother to the auto show at the Convention Center, where I sat in many cars. Turns out that I don't fit in many sports cars like the Honda S2000 or Mazda Miata. However, I did fit in the Mini Cooper. For the first time I got into the new 2005 Ford Mustang, which is a really good looking car. I was a little too tall for the car, but I'd still consider buying one someday.

No comments: