Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Talk About Rain!

This morning I woke up to the sound of heavy rain, once again. When I hear rain on a work day morning, I try to get up early so I can hit the road before everybody starts crashing into each other. So I leave my house and open my garage door to find water everywhere. I grab a broom and push the water out and drive away. As I'm driving to the freeway, I see the local creek, which is dry 9 months a year, flowing with class 3 rapids. I have never seen so much water there before. Onto the freeway, I hear on the radio that a person was killed by falling tree further up the road I'm on. By the time I got to work, I felt like I survived a natural disaster. Luckily the rain soon let up, my garage dried out, and no trees feel on me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You have to watch out for those floods. You're in the burn area!