Saturday, January 15, 2005

St. George

What am I doing looking at houses in St. George, UT? I don't plan on moving there, but if I ever did, I could buy a really nice house. I found a 3000 sq/ft house (including basement) for under $300K. Now for comparison, here in San Diego, that would buy you a small 1 bedroom condominium. If you have never been to the city of St. George, and most of you haven't, it is a very scenic city. Located 8 miles North of the Nevada/Utah border, it is surrounded by beautiful red rocks. There are numerous national parks nearby, and Brian Head ski resort is a short distance away. I might consider moving there if they had a job for me, but when I searched for jobs I found none for a computer programmer. Another city I looked for housing at is Colorado Springs, CO. That city also has cheap housing plus many high-tech job opportunities. However, it is also very cold in the winter, and far from my current home. I guess I'll spend the rest of my life in the same city I was born in. Not that is bad. San Diego was just ranked number 2 in the list of best-mannered cities.

No comments: