Monday, December 15, 2008

New Orleans in 24 Hours

Me in The Big Easy
I am finally home from New Orleans, which is a funny thing to say since I was there for only 24 hours. First let me say that I had a great time during my short stay in New Orleans. I, of course, need to go back and do everything that I didn't have time for. We arrived Saturday around 3PM and after checking into our hotel, we started our walk to Bourbon Street. This was a "walking" trip, as we did not ride any trolleys, carriages or street cars. After about five hours of sleep, we spent Sunday walking around the French Quarter, visiting shops and museums until 4PM, when we took a taxi back to the airport. Up until then the trip was going great without any delays. However, our luck changed when the arriving airplane was two hours late, and our layover in Dallas was 90 minutes. The good news is that we were upgraded to first class for the third leg of this adventure, but since we landed in Dallas after our connecting flight left, we spent Sunday in a hotel in Dallas. We flew out this morning at 9AM and arrived home at 10. Since I work a few miles from the airport, I just drove to work, arriving in the office very wet, since it was raining heavily, and in jeans and with an unshaven face.. I tried to get something accomplished, but I was really tired. So after six hours I drove home in the rain and heavy traffic. So that is why I say "I am finally home" from New Orleans.


Me Enjoying New Orleans
The first night there, I was the designated drunk. This is a photo of me drinking "three" beers due to a "3 for 1" special. The beers were in bottles, so the bartender poured them into two plastic cups. That is why it looks like I'm "only" drinking two beers. I also had a hurricane, Captain and Coke and a few shots of some colorful drink in a "test tube". After going back to our hotel, I "snuck out" and visited two more places. The Cats Meow and an Irish bar. I was good, and got back by 1 AM, enough time for six hours of sleep. I was tired on Sunday, but had no hangover. I'll post more photos later this week when I'm not so tired.

1 comment:

Karen said...

3 for 1 - now that's pretty funny!