Friday, December 26, 2008

Day After Christmas Hike

Snow On Mt. Laguna
My one goal today was to hike up Iron Mountain. Once I dragged myself out of bed, at 11 AM, I eventually got ready and drove to the trail head. I wasn't the only one who had this hike planned, as the parking lot was quite crowded. Luckily, most people were heading down, so at the top, there were only five other hikers enjoying the clear view of the snow-covered mountains and glistening ocean.


Sunset over Pt. Loma
I'm glad I didn't start the hiked any sooner, because it was very cold on the way down, since most of the path was in the shade. That motivated my to walk fast, making it down in 50 minutes. My knees complained with about one mile left, so I slowed down some. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to drive up to Desert Hot Springs to spend time with friends tonight, tomorrow, or not at all. I'll see how I feel in one hour.

No comments: