Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Strange Week it has Been

I thought life was returning to normal when I found out I could go back to work on Wednesday. However, shortly after lunch we were told that there were rolling blackouts in San Diego, and the Navy wanted to conserve power, so we were told to go home after turning off our computers. Well, I had to turn off 20 computers before going home due to several people being gone. I had time to go home and take a short nap, and get ready for my friend and his wife who are staying with me for a few days. His sister's house was destroyed by the fire and he came down to help out his family. Turns out the reverse 911 didn't work for everyone. His sister and nephew barely got out in time. They had to drive though falling embers and had no time to take anything. If it weren't for a phone call from a concerned friend, they would have not known about the early morning fire.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad they are all safe. It feels good to be at the weekend at last. 48 hours without having to think about fires and work at the same time.