Friday, October 12, 2007

Cars and Bikes

Well, I got my bicycle back from Trek, however, before I brought it home I tested it in the parking lot and when I went to shift gears the chain fell off again! So I stormed back into the store and had them check it out again. They once again told me to not change into the 1st gear in the front unless I was in gears 1,2 or 3 in the back. I plan to go for a shorter bike ride this weekend, not straying too far from my house just in case.

I also had a problem with my Mustang. After taking it to Ford two weeks ago for a 12,000 mile check up, the steering wheel was constantly shaking as I drove. So I took it back today and found out one of the front tires was not balanced correctly last time. Then the service advisor came back and asked me if I had the paperwork for my locking lug nut key. Seems the mechanic shredded the key and they needed to order me a new one. So I asked it I could just have the locking lug nuts replaced with regular ones on all four tires and after another 10 minutes the advisor came back and said it was all taken care of. This was a hassle, but at least it was all done for free, unlike by bike repair, where they charged me wholesale for the new rear derailleur, so the cost was only $30.

No comments: