Monday, October 15, 2007

Bloggers Unite to Clean up the Earth

Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day
So it is the first Blog Action Day. I had no idea. Well, I try to conserve as much as I can, as far as recycling and usage of non-renewable resources like water and fuel. I shred all papers that have personal information on them, but since you can't recycle the shredded paper, I now only shred the portions of my junk mail that has my name on it. At work I buy all the coffee supplies. I told the other coffee drinkers to give the empty cans and containers to me so I could take them home for recycling. I take quick showers and overall use as little water as possible. My one room for improvement is driving my cars slower for better gas mileage. However, I still think I'm doing better that those people who drive large, nine passenger SUVs to work - alone, and the people who park in the same spot everyday leaving a puddle of engine oil on the ground ready to be washed down into the ocean which I rarely swim in. One more thing, I try to eliminate all "snail" mail, opting for all bank statements and bills to be sent and paid electronically. The package that BMG Music sent every month must have contained enough paper to kill a small tree! That is all I can think of, so keep on truckin' - I mean recyclin'.

No comments: