Saturday, May 20, 2006

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin Wins!?!

Nobody should be surprised. Just remember how Marion "the bitch set me up" Barry was mayor of D.C., was caught using drugs (crack is whack!), went to jail and later was re-elected the mayor of Washington D.C. So now I guess New Orleans can be the "Chocolate City" that Nagin had envisioned.

Edit: Just be be clear, everything in quotes are direct quotes from that mayor - not my quotes. There is a reason I don't usually blog about politics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop the racist comments. White politicians have done the same things and were re-elected. Mayor Nagin didn't win just off the black vote. Get a life and stop the hate rhetoric. I understand why some blacks pull the race card everytime. People like you continue to pull racist stunts.

Homer Simpson said...

I said nothing about race - you did, and I knew people would assume I was some kind racist. Just because I used two examples of mayors that were black doesn't mean I'm racist. They were just two high profile mayors that I think should not have been re-elected based on their past performace. And that comment Nagin made about the color of the city was a good example of why he should not be mayor. That and he took responsibility for the aftermath of the storm by saying he "didn't yell loud enough". That's not taking responsibility, that's blaming other. He should have resigned just like the mayor of my city did last year.