Saturday, May 06, 2006

Clean Mustang and New Pants

I woke up early this Saturday morning so I could drive my Mustang to my brother's house to wash it for the first time, and a good washing it needed. After 90 minutes of washing, drying and bug/tar removal, my Mustang looks showroom new. I forgot how much work and time is involved when washing your car. Ever since my condominium association disallowed car washing to save on the water bill, I've taken my Rav/4 to a car wash. Paying $10 for a wash was worth the saved time and effort, plus my Rav/4 is old enough that I don't care if it might get scratched during the wash. But the Mustang, I'd never trust a car wash - hand cleaning is the only way to go.

My second goal this weekend was to buy some new clothes for work. I must have spent one hour at Mervyn's finding a pair of slacks that fit me and a shirt or two to match. Since I couldn't decide on a shirt, all I bought were the slacks. Surprisingly, I was totally exhausted and ready for an afternoon nap - hmmm, nap. Tomorrow my I plan to go to the gym and then buy a new toaster over and briefcase. Yes, my goals are simple and boring, however, if it is sunny outside, I just might skip shopping and soak up some sun.

No comments: