Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mobile Uploads From Phone and Late Christmas Gift



Yesterday while at was at the mall exchanging a pair of slacks, I journeyed into a Hallmark store and found a shelf containing last year's Christmas ornaments on sale for 60% off. The ornament I really wanted, and regret not buying in December, was a Star Trek ornament where Kirk is being pelted by Tribbles that fall on him and then get lifted on a belt back up and fall on him again. However, I did find this Simpsons ornament that shows Bart and Lisa watching the Itchy and Scratchy show on TV. I made this short movie with my cell phone and then sent the video to my home e-mail. When I viewed the movie online, it looked good. But when I downloaded it to my PC it looked very compressed, with lots of pixelazation and I saw the size was 500KB instead of 1MB. I could not figure out how to get the better quality video to download until I remembered I can copy any file off my cell phone using bluetooth, which my Apple computer has. So I copied the file to my MAC and then to my PC, where I was able to upload it to Blogger. I also sent the movie to my Facebook page (directly from my phone) and it displayed there with the better of the two qualities. It is too bad that Sprint compresses pictures and videos before downloading just to save space and download bandwidth, but I found a way around this restriction, as long as I'm at home with my computers and not on the road with just my cell phone.

Second attempt: The first upload to Blogger, as a .mov file, had no sound. So I converted it to a .mp4 file and uploaded it again and now there is sound. Don't know why the sound didn't play as a Quicktime movie.

No comments: