Friday, February 13, 2009

Exchanging coins for cash at Pacific Trust Bank for Free!

Over the years I have been emptying my pockets of change when I come home. When the pile gets too big, I put it in a baggie and store the coins away. I was reluctant to use the coin machines that charged 7% to get cash for my collection. Then someone at work told be that you can exchange coins for cash as Pacific Trust Bank, even if you don't have an account there, which I don't, for free! So this morning I took my bags of coins to the closest branch and the tellers were very helpful. I jammed the machine once with some odd coin and they had to unjam it, otherwise the process went very smoothly. The machine spits out foreign coins and even silver coins. I had one silver dime - what a nice surprise. The machine gives you a ticket which you then take to the teller and get cash for. I would recommend to everyone with spare coins to go to this bank and not use the coin machines that change a fee.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I looked up the nearest branch and it was by you. So the money I'd save, would have been canceled out by the gas usage to get to the branch. But, had I gone there, I'd have $9.00 more dollars in hand since CoinStar has an 8.9% fee.