Monday, March 31, 2008

New Roof and Updated DVR Software

Yes, once again a post with two unrelated topics. First, my condo is finally getting a new roof! My building is the last to be re-roofed in this cycle. They just started today, and so far it looks like they are doing a good job. They have removed the old wooden shingles that were left under the roof from the previous re-roofing. Hopefully they'll have the roof ready before any rain this week. I called the roofing company to make sure there would be no problem with my air conditioner. The homeowners association makes a big deal about how the roofers are not responsible for any damage to the AC units and it is the homeowners responsibility to either remove them before or pay for any damages. The roofers said they have never had a problem with the ACs before so not to worry. I'll inspect the AC after they are done.

A few weeks ago Time Warner Cable updated by cable box, digital video recorder (DVR), with new software. The menus all look different and the "A", "B" and "C" buttons now work. One of the new features is that if you have digital telephone, when someone calls, their number and name appear on the TV! I think that is really neat. No longer do I have to turn my head around and look at the phone sitting right next to me to see who is calling.

2 comments:

Bonnie Martin said...

Hi Keith, did you have to pay extra for that service to see who is calling you on your tv?

Homer Simpson said...

No, it was free if you already have their digital telephone, and I do.