Sunday, March 09, 2008

Coffee, Crusing, XM, Nap and Bike Ride

Miramar Lake
That just about sums up my Sunday. It started with some coffee with breakfast. Then Iwent for a cruise in the Mustang and along the way I bought a new XM satellite receiver because my current one was ready to over heat and burn up. I got a Audiovox Xpress this time. It is just slightly bigger than my Delphi Roady XT, but has five lines of display instead of just two, so now I can see the station, artist and song title all at once. After making my purchase, I drove over to Del Sur just to check on how the neighborhood was being developed. I saw a few new houses being built and lots of graded but empty lots. There were few for sale signs, but not as many as one would expect, as I pointed out in my previous post. From there I headed to Westwood and saw some of the empty lots where houses once stood before being destroyed by the fire in October. A few homes were already being re-built, which was nice to see.

After lunch at Wendy's, I headed home and fell asleep while watching College basketball. So as to not waste the day away, I rode my bike to and around Miramar Lake. There were more people out walking, jogging, rollerblading and biking than I had seen in a long time. My ride became an obstacle course due to people not reading the many signs that say "Stay to your right, pass on the left". I only scared a few dogs and hit nothing along the way. So now the weekend is winding down and work looms in the future.

2 comments:

Bonnie Martin said...

sounds like a good weekend to me!

Homer Simpson said...

I guess it was. I ended up going to bed after 11:30. First, I was not tired, second, there was a good basketball game on. USD, San Diego's 'other' college team, won in double overtime. The game ended after 11:30. Then I read a few chapters in a book and finally fell asleep by midnight. The alarm going off at 6AM was too soon!