Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Air Conditioners

Well, I guess since I've scheduled an estimate for installing an air conditioner in my condo, one can assume that I've decided to not to buy a house but instead stay where I'm at for, at least one more year. Not being able to install an AC was my motivating factor to move. It is only May and already it is heating up to 85 degrees inside my home, so I hope to have the AC installed by June. Then I'll be forced to think about some remodeling once again, such as replacing the carpet with hard-wood floors or tile. Then comes the kitchen and bathroom upgrades. This is exactly why I wanted to buy a newer home. Oh well. I just keep thinking, what would my dad suggest? He'd say, keep your condo and upgrade it.

1 comment:

bookem, danny said...

my wife who is an appraiser thinks it would be a good idea to upgrade the condo, good tile and REAL hardwood floors, mabey marble countertops or new windows all give you over a 100% return.. and with so/cals crazy housing market you could by a home in the top of a market that is looking towards a backslide. (we used to live in n/cal ..saratoga) we left the area and bought two properties with just our equity. Just a thought