Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A/C, Hiking and Knees

I had my first quote for an air conditioner installation in my condo. I wasn't totally shocked, but until I get a second estimate, I won't know if the price is unreasonable. After the estimator left, I hiked Iron Mt. with the intent to hurt my knees because I have an appointment tomorrow with a physical therapist who hopefully can help me with my knee pain. I wanted to walk into his office and say "my knees hurt here". However, my knees don't really hurt at this time. But I know after hiking down a mountain like San Jacinto, they would be. The Mt. Whitney hike is coming up quick, and I feel I have much more training and conditioning before I'll be ready.

Edit:

I had my appointment and the doctor said I have no damage to my knees! He's starting me on physical therapy that will strengthen the correct leg muscles, resulting in less pain when I'm hiking.

No comments: