Wednesday, June 14, 2006

More Photos of Mt. San Jacinto

View While Hiking up Mt. San Jacinto This is a view looking down towards the north. The I-10 runs through that valley. This photo shows the stark contrast between the desert and the mountains. Sometime soon after I took this photo, we saw our only non-rodent wildlife - some kind of deer. It ran off too quickly for anyone to take a photo.


Meadow on the way back On the hike down I stopped to photograph this nice meadow, not realizing that there was a knocked-over sign that said "Stay on the Trail". I was off the trail. Hopefully I didn't harm the plants!


Darin and Mike Happy to be on the peak Darin and Mike relaxing at the peak. That is pretty much what everyone was doing. Looking back at that group photo I have posted below, you can tell we are all very tired, but trying hard to smile. I wonder how I'll feel at 14,000+ feet? Speaking of Mt. Whitney, I had a strange dream last night about hiking Whitney that involved president Bush and a bunch of other weird stuff. I have been both excited and nervous about Whitney, almost having a small anxiety attack today. I keep thinking about stuff like the weather, snow pack, altitude and bears. All stuff I have no control over. The day of the hike can't come soon enough.

No comments: