Saturday, June 17, 2006

Del Sur

What is Del Sur? It is a new master planned community being developed in the center of San Diego county. Why am I talking about it? For some reason I drove to their grand opening event today (after hiking) and toured some of the models. I didn't know what to expect as I drove out in an area that used to be rolling hills and dirt trails. First I was directed to park in a dirt parking lot. Then I saw a shuttle and assumed I needed to take it, which I did. It dove for a few minutes and dropped everyone off at the welcome center, where there wasn't much to see. From there I boarded another shuttle to another area where there was a band playing, free food, and several model homes to walk through. It was quite a festive event on a very clear, not-too-hot day. I had already researched the various developments and plans online so I headed directly to the Madeira models by Shea Homes. I was most interested in plan 3, which was a two story with 4 bedrooms. More important, there was a bedroom downstairs that can be configured as an office. There was also an interior courtyard in the front of the house. I have never seen a room like this. It looks like a room, but there is no glass in the windows, just decorative iron bars. It could be fun place to read or drink a beer. I haven't decided if I'm ready to move into a new home, but now might be my best chance to do so. I'll start the paperwork and see what happens.

No comments: