Saturday, October 09, 2004

Bike Ride and Safe Blogging

Today I went on my Saturday morning bike ride. I have been taking a weekly ride regularly since I got back into biking a few months ago. My rides are not long, between 6 and 10 miles, but they sure beat spending 20 minutes on a stair-stepper in the gym. It was about this time last year that I stopped ridding my bike, partly due to the destructive fire here in Scripps Ranch. The fire burned next to all the roads that I ride on, and since there was smoke and ash in the air for months after the fire was out, I stopped riding or even spending any time outdoors. I was happy today to see that more houses are being rebuilt. Soon there will be no visible indication that a fire ravaged the area at all.

Why do people insist on adding some plug-in to their blog that forces you to install an application in order to view their page? I will never install anything unless it is an application that I really trust, like QuickTime, which I already have installed. If you refuse to install the program, then a message box pops-up saying "You must install to view page" and then you cannot close your browser or go to another blog. I advise all you bloggers out there NOT to install any plug-ins. What you should do if this happens is press "cntl-alt-delete", select "Task Manager" if you are running Windows XP, select the the Internet Explorer line and click "End Task". This process might vary depending on your operating system. Doing this will help ensure that your computer does not get a virus or any spyware installed. And you all know how I feel about spyware!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Homer!