Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Comic-Con 2009: Preview Night


I just attended my first Comic-Con preview night. They open the exhibit hall from 6 to 9 for people with four-day passes, and you could get your badge after 4PM. I left work around 5PM, and after waiting for a trolley to get out of a trolley-traffic jam, I got downtown by 6PM, and decided to go to the convention center and wait in line rather than eating dinner first and going when the line was shorter. Luckily, the line moved very quick and I had my badge and was in the hall by 6:30! Good deal.



Like I was warned, it was very busy because all the attendees had no where else to go since there were no events going on in any of the rooms. The floor was very crowded, but I managed to walk from one end to the other. The end where most of the action figures are sold was a lot less crowded, so I scoped (scopped?) out some figures I might want to buy. I did not buy anything yet as Sunday is the best day because the companies don't want to ship back all their inventory so they have sales on what's left. Tomorrow I work in the morning and will leave by 10 or 12. The action figure panel is at 11, but I don't know if it is worth rushing down there just to see the same people I saw last year and the year before talk about action figures. However, they usually have enough figures to give away that everyone in the room gets one. We'll see.

No comments: