Sunday, July 26, 2009

Comic-Con 2009: Day 4


I slept in this morning because I didn't have anything I wanted to see at the Comic-Con until 1:00 - The Ghost Whisperer panel. This year Jennifer Love Hewitt was in attendance, as well as three other main cast members. They had no previews to show, only a summary of the season. The one major change this year - spoilers alert - is that after Melinda gives birth, they jump ahead five years so her child is five years old. This way the child can talk and be part of the show.


Some time during the panel, my sister showed up and text-ed me "Where are you in room 20?". I replied "Isle rt ctr" and that was enough for her to find me. There was nothing else either of wanted to see until 4, so we went downstairs and wandered the exhibit hall for a while.


I had walked past this Star Trek captains chair before, but this time I had someone to take a photo of me, which turned out very nice, thank you. Around 3:30 we headed to ballroom 20 to get a seat for the Buffy musical "Once More with Feeling", shown for the second year in a row.


There seemed to be more people this year, and once again it seemed that even though the audience was encouraged to sing and dance they mostly just watched the episode, cheering Buffy and Spike and booing Dawn. I enjoyed the showing, and got another monster finger puppet to take with me next time to New Orleans!

So a 5 PM we left the convention center was walked to Hennesses for another Irish meal and beer. A great way to end the long weekend.

No comments: