Friday, August 01, 2008

Mission Bay Bike Ride

Mission Bay in San Diego
After a haircut and trip to Costco, where I paid 1/10 of one penny less than $4.00 per gallon for gas, I put my bike on my bike rack and drove down to De Anza Cove at Mission Bay. I casually rode along the bike/pedestrian path, circling around Sea World, past Crown Point and then I made a detour into Campland By the Bay to see if I could find a friend who was camping there with his family. Turns out they left yesterday, but at least I got my first look at this very crowded and busy camping park. There were huge motor homes, trucks towing boats, kids running around and no one was watching where they were going! So I headed back out and finished my ride taking the short-cut just past the high school back to my car. I think it took me about an hour. I was hoping to ride longer, but it was a nice easy trek anyways.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! 3.9999! It's a bargain these days. Perfect day for a bike ride too. No wonder you're ready for fish & chips.

Bonnie and David said...

sounds like fun!