Sunday, August 10, 2008

Desert, Dessert and Falling Arches

Staying Cool
After work on Friday I made the drive north to Desert Hot Springs to help some friends house and cat sit. Well, it was just really just an excuse to drink beer and relax around the pool. I found a nice cool place behind the waterfall. The cat spent most of the time hiding under a bed.



Cake
Then Sunday morning I drove to my brother's house for a belated celebration of his birthday. We were going to have a late lunch at Stone Brewery, but their lunch menu was very limited, so we ate at an Italian buffet, which had lots of good food, but not as good beer.



Wall Arch
The headline in cnn.com this morning was Wall Arch, in Arches National Park, had collapsed sometime during the night. I guess I was lucky enough to see this arch and take the photo above, which looks just like the one in the article. This was a photo I didn't post to my blog or Picasa, but after looking though all my photos, I realized that I did take a picture of the arch.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I wish I had some leftover cake!

Anonymous said...

There is still about half left...

OB

Homer Simpson said...

Half an arch or cake :-)

We left too quickly on Sunday, not thinking about taking a slice home.